F-Secure XFENCE can help to improve the security of your computer system
Easy to manage
Comes with handy rules editor for managing user rules
Novice users can use simple mode interface to provide reasonable level of protection
Play nice with other tools
Compatible with other security tools and preference are configurable
F-Secure XFENCE protects Macs with advanced rule-based analysis and monitors apps that attempt to access confidential files and system resources
Advanced Persistent Security
F-Secure XFENCE is a utility for keeping your personal data safe from malware, trojans, back doors, misbehaving applications, and other threats to your computer's security, by preventing any application from accessing your files without explicit permission.
It also requires applications to get your permission before they can use your webcam, install new startup programs, take control of other programs, eavesdrop on your internet connection, and more. F-Secure XFENCE actively monitors for keyboard eavesdropping, microphone use and other activities that can affect your privacy.
F-Secure XFENCE is an invaluable tool for anyone concerned about ransomware, spyware, or criminal hackers.
- Real-time, aggressive protection against unauthorized access to your files
- Monitor applications to ensure they aren't misbehaving, and are respecting your personal privacy by staying out of files they shouldn't be in
- Protect your removable media from being accessed by applications without your permission
- Choose which applications are allowed to use your webcam, and which can't, block it completely, or require authorization for every use
- Know when your microphone or webcam are in use, when an application is intercepting your keyboard presses or mouse clicks, or eavesdropping on your internet connection
- Prevent malware from taking control of other programs on your computer, running from your home directory, or becoming persistent
- Prevent application from installing junk that runs at startup, which can slow down your computer
- Protect the pairing records your computer uses to talk wirelessly to your iPhone, iPad, and other iOS devices
A notice to users of Little Flocker
F-Secure XFENCE 1.6.6 is our initial beta version of XFENCE. Its current feature set is compatible with Little Flocker version 1.6.4. This first version of XFENCE will not be able to automatically migrate Little Flocker rules or preferences, nor will it be published as an automatic update to existing Little Flocker users.
Existing installations of Little Flocker will continue to function as before, and once we have implemented migration of rules and preferences, they will be offered an automatic upgrade to F-Secure XFENCE beta.